Minnesota indie band Hippo Campus surprised fans with their experimental and deeply personal second album Bambi, which was released late September 2018. Their latest release has given fans a closer look into the personal struggles and emotions of each of the members, with songs like “Anxious” and “Think it Over.” The band is now making its way to the west coast and playing shows in both Santa Ana and Los Angeles within the next few weeks.
Hippo Campus has become one of the most recognizable names in the indie rock scene, even having been covered in Billboard and are featured on multiple Spotify playlists. The group has been rising in popularity since their beginning in 2013, drawing fans in with the bright and bouncy guitar riffs most characteristic of their earlier EPs and the wavy and unique vocals of lead singer Jake Luppen.
If you’re looking for more playful riffs and a classic upbeat indie sound, try these tunes by artists like Vista Kicks, Hunny, and Colony House:
- Televised by Hunny
- Me & Mr Reilly by Vista Kicks
- She’s a Riot by The Jungle Giants
- Headfirst by Sub-Radio
- Sleep Alone by Two Door Cinema Club
- This Beautiful Life by Colony House
- All Over by CRUISR
- Tell Me Tell Me by courtship.
- Down the Line by Beach Fossils
- Run For Your Money by The Greeting Committee
- Hey, Did I Do You Wrong? by San Cisco
- A Toast And A Spirit by Vacation Manor